Assure Clients of Your Bookkeeping Knowledge and Skill
Note: You have one year to take and pass the exam
NACPB's Bookkeeper Certification assures employers you have bookkeeping knowledge and skill. You obtain the Certification by passing the Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination.
Certification benefits include:
- National Recognition
- Distinguish Yourself
- Build Credibility
- Validate Bookkeeping Knowledge
- Demonstrate Bookkeeping Skill
The Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination (Exam) is the examination administered to bookkeepers who want to obtain Bookkeeper Certification.
The Exam is developed, maintained, and administered by NACPB. The Exam is used and recognized throughout the United States and its properties.
Bookkeepers who pass the Exam may communicate to employers that they possess NACPB Bookkeeper Certification and are able to distinguish themselves and build credibility by having authorized use of the NACPB Bookkeeper Certification certificate and logo.
Bookkeeper Certification Steps
To obtain Bookkeeper Certification, we recommend the following steps:
- Join NACPB – Although membership is not required, NACPB members receive a 20% discount on the Exam and Exam Preparation Course.
- Complete the Exam Preparation Course – The Course educates you on the bookkeeping process and enables you to pass the Exam. The Course is not required, but highly recommended.
- Take and Pass the Exam
Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination
The Exam is an online, examination used to test the candidate's bookkeeping competency. The Exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions and simulations. You may request access to the Exam via email or telephone during normal NACPB business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm MT and you will receive an email with a link to the Exam. You have 24 hours to take and submit the Exam for grading and the Exam is "open-book". To pass the Exam, you must receive a minimum of 80% on the Exam in order to pass. Exam results are made available to you within 24 hours. If necessary, you must wait one full week to retake the Exam.
To request the Exam, email email@example.com or call 866-444-9989.
The Exam tests the following:
- Accounting: The Language of Business
- Analyzing Business Transactions
- Analyzing Business Transactions Using T Accounts
- The General Journal and the General Ledger
- Adjustments and the Worksheet
- Closing Entries and the Postclosing Trial Balance
- Accounting for Sales and Accounts Receivable, and Cash Receipts
- Accounting for Purchases, Accounts Payable, and Cash Payments
- Payroll Computations, Records, and Payment
- Payroll Taxes, Deposits, and Reports
- Accruals, Deferrals, and the Worksheet
- Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Member $100 (Order through our Members Only Internet portal)
- Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination
- NACPB Bookkeeper Certification Certificate (Upon Passing Exam)
- NACPB Bookkeeper Certification Logo
Member $50 (Order through our Members Only Internet portal)
Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Exam Preparation Course
For assistance in preparing for and passing the Exam, click here.
To order, click the Order button below.
Submit our Online Form, email, or call us to learn how NACPB helps you provide public bookkeeping services more efficiently and effectively.